Vanier Cup Road Tour

Dedicated to the Vanier Cup Road Tour - since 1995

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

9 Sleeps newsletter

Morning Fellas!


Vanier/Grey Cup is approaching quickly...time to start storing up on sleep and liver capacity. Things are heating up on the football front with the final weekend of playoffs in front of us... Montreal takes on Toronto and BC tackles Calgary in the CFL semis. In the Vanier Cup hunt we have Mac vs. Calgary and Laval against Acadia this Saturday. This is the first time all 4 teams have repeated to the semi finals from the previous year.

As far as Grey Cup goes, I hate to say it.... but I hope TO wins this weekend to move on but strictly for the added spirit and fun it will bring to the City of Toronto.

In the CIS matchups, I am predicting a Laval vs Mac Vanier Cup... That should make for a great game as well as above average attendance!!! Plus the Laval fans know and love the Vanier Pere Noels ; )

We have upgraded our lodgings to the Delta Chelsea after finding the rooms at the Meridien only had 1 King bed per room... That was NOT going to work so I for one am looking forward to the Delta avec 2 pools (1 with a slide), and hot tub. I will try to find some time to look into dinner reservations but on weekends like this most places won’t take reservations so might have to play it by ear. If anyone has any connections, pls let me know.

The executive met last week and worked out hotel room assignments as well as suggested items to pack;

• Nip kit for hotel (breakfast Caesar’s)
• Beverages for train (pls bring cans, Texas mickie’s of booze are NOT train approved)
• Snacks for train (cheese curd, pickled eggs, pepperettes, shaved bird)
• Santa Suits
• $43 for Vanier tickets to be paid to either Jerred or Adam
• Extra liver and medication (Zantac, Tylenol)
• Train ticket (we depart from Fallowfield at 8:56, please arrive for 8:30 am!!!)
• Cards and other reindeer games

A graphical representation of our seats on the way down. Man, do I feel bad for whoever gets Seat 16A:




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home